How to join the Karate Union of Great Britain
Joining the KUGB as an individual member
Individuals may become members of the Karate Union of Great Britain (KUGB) by joining a KUGB club and purchasing a KUGB licence.
All KUGB clubs will be able to supply the appropriate information and licence application forms. Licence application forms can also be accessed online at https://kugb.me. This licence gives the holder access to KUGB facilities and provides appropriate insurance cover.
The KUGB insurers provide cover to new KUGB club members to train at a KUGB club for up to 3 occasions in order to allow them time to apply for and receive a licence.
Benefits of membership to the KUGB
Our members enjoy many benefits, please click to view more information on some of these benefits.
Information for club members
Information is regularly emailed or posted to KUGB clubs as well as being displayed on this website. This includes minutes of Executive and General Meetings, lists of events and various memos. The club members will have access to this information through the club secretary, club notice boards, and bulletins and of course via this website.
New members can apply for their first KUGB licence online using the online at kugb.me
Existing KUGB members may also renew their licences using the same form.
- It can be completed online and submitted with your payment using the online form (linked below). Payments made online are processed through secure PayPal™ servers. Having a PayPal™ account is optional and your credit/debit card details are not transmitted to the KUGB.
- A printable version of the licence form can be accessed as a PDF document using Adobe® Reader®. Depending on the version of Adobe® Reader® and your browser, the licence form will either open in your browser or will be downloaded to your computer.
- If the licence form opens in your browser, you will be able to complete the form on your screen. You will then need to print it, sign it and post it with your payment.
- If the licence form is downloaded to your computer, you will need to open it on your computer and either complete the form on your screen and print it, or print it first then fill in the form by hand. Make sure the form is completed legibly and signed before posting it with your payment.
- In both of these cases, your fully completed licence form should be posted to the KUGB Licensing Officer, and all cheques and PO's should be made payable to KUGB.
Joining the KUGB as a club
We also have more information about affiliating your club with the KUGB, and it's benefits.